Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Take what the water gave me

Well today was pretty awesome! And I could tell it was going to be awesome from the beginning, my coffee was perfect, I crossed the road right as the bus was pulling up to the stop, I got my favourite seat (don't ask me why its my favourite haha) AND I finally finished reading Siddartha! Its an amazing book by Herman Hesse and I've been reading it on my morning bus ride since I started on the show. I highly recommend it to anyone. Time for a new book.

This morning started with helping Denise load some of our gear into the office because we were shooting auditions for the new Parenting segment on the show. But these weren't to be done until the afternoon so what was I going to do for the morning?

Set up the studio, thats what. When I got down to the studio Dave, Xico, Nicole, and Liz were already there unloading boxes and unwrapping. So I gave them a hand with that and with all 5 of us working hard on it..the studio is pretty much set up. Crazy to think that a full studio set can be built in a matter of days. And I mean going from this.....



To pretty much a full set. Watch the show, any segment, and just look at the difference.
http://www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris/videos.html

Pretty wild if I do say so myself. All that's left to be done in the studio now is set up the lighting grid and speaker system... I think. Don't quote me on that. But anyway, after unwrapping, putting in the right place, and cleaning up it was time to shoot the auditions. They went really well and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the parenting segments..... not for the advice.... stop freaking out, family.

After we wrapped from the auditions it was off to Trinity-Bellwoods Park to shoot a segment with Carson. If you like gardening at all, watch this segment (or wait till I link to it on here). It was a pretty sweet afternoon cuz again, we got to be outside and it was stinking hot! I really need to stop wearing jeans when we shoot with Carson haha. After we wrapped from this shoot Denise dropped me off at Queen and Bathurst where this store with no sign and only funky office chairs out front caught my eye. So of course I went in and had a look around to see what else they had.... a lot of sweet "vintage" stuff (Erin....go check this place out :D) including clocks, typewriters, and other random stuff. Usually I'm pretty good at going in to somewhere, looking around and coming out empty handed. Not this place. I bought a sweet little desk clock (analog...) which oddly enough, they hadn't even "received" yet. The clerk had to put it in the system before I could buy it haha. But I will definitely be going back to this place. If you want to go check it out for yourself its on Queen, right at Queen and Bathurst, black storefront with funky chairs out front. It's called Morba. So yeah, that pretty much sums up my day. Time to do laundry :)

Also, after I posted last night I decided it was time to purge some of my stuff...turns out I have a lot of unnecessary clothing. Well not anymore :) I have so much more space, and everything's pretty organized...now I just need to keep it this way..... (yeah right!)

No comments:

Post a Comment