Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Welcome!


Alright, first off. Sorry for the lack of post. I dunno what has been going on with Tumblr either, but it hasn't let me post this for some time. So welcome to my new blog :D same name, new everything else! Which means new adventures :)

I've also been doing this weird thing called "enjoying summer", you may have heard of it?

If not you should probably start. What it entails is doing things like hanging outside with friends, away from a computer. There is life outside of technology ;)

But yeah, so as you all now know I am planning to go back to Steven and Chris and work with Denise, doing the exact same thing I did during my internship! I honestly cannot wait, I had way too much fun doing it for free, now I get paid to do it!? BONUS! 

I can't even begin to describe the amount of emotions that come with this opportunity. I'm nervous, ecstatic, scared, pumped, proud, relieved, but most importantly excited.

I had such an incredible experience working on the show and with Denise last season and I can't wait to do it all again for 9 months J I had my “meeting”, aka phone call, with Rick and got the official word that I am hired back on for this season. He also told me how much I would be making, and lets just say, for someone straight out of college, I’m VERY happy with that number J My hard work, dedication, passion, drive, every fibre of my being, has finally paid off and lets just say…it feels amazing! I get to do something different everyday, in different places, with different obstacles and challenges to overcome. I cant wait haha.



Last week a few of the S&C crew went out for a sail on Denise and Warren’s sailboat and it was amazing to catch up and see everyone again. Sailing made me even more excited to start working there, and yes its 2 weeks away, but to be honest, I wish it was tomorrow.

As for what I've been doing this whole time, I’ve been working at Image Gear, and enjoying summer. Image Gear has been such an awesome experience, I get to play with everything that one day I'll get to work with. I've learned so much about the parts but more importantly I've learned how to solve problems (and I've gotten to learn from some of the best). I've only been there for about 2 months now but already I feel way more confident dealing with camera accessories than I was 2 months ago. 
But to be honest, I am going to miss working there, yes it's a sales job and that's not me but it has been amazing. I had the chance to meet so many incredible people that make those incredible images we all love to watch. I only hope that I get to learn more from them and the best/most fun way to do that is to work beside them.

I'm very excited for what my future holds, and not just my immediate future, I mean my CAREER future. It's scary having to wake up and make that realization of "I'm starting my career, not a job". But I feel I've woken up, and I'm ready for the challenge.

My immediate future is going to be hectic, my last day at Image Gear is August 10 and the show starts on August 15. 5 days to relax and do nothing before the “madness” starts, right? WRONG! You think I would take that much time off? No chance. I leave on the 10th, the 11th I’m working on a corporate shoot with Denise, the 12th and 13th I’m PA-ing on a few music videos for YTV’s The Next Star, the 14th I have off and then 15th is the beginning of something amazing.

This summer has been an amazing one to say the least and looking back I’ve done some incredible things that I never thought I would. I mean come on, working with the Blue Jays… Every time I go to a game I feel like I’m 8 years old again and to be standing ten feet away from them is something I’ll never forget, and its definitely something I’ll tell my …. Kids. shivers at the thought



And my first true freelance gig, the H&M spot for MuchMusic. That was really cool, especially because it was my first day of no longer being a student and already I was working. This summer has been incredible and I’m very excited for what next summer holds in store for me. However, I’m more excited for what these next 9 months have in store for me. Expect a lot more blogs to bombard your Twitter feed, your Facebook feed, however you see what I’m writing.

1 comment:

  1. diggin the new blogspot Ian.
    and cannot wait to read about your fun on S&C :D

    ReplyDelete