Wednesday, August 24, 2011

enjoy the best things in your life cuz you ain't gonna get to live it twice

These past 2 days have been pretty easy simply because the only major thing left to do is organize the prep kitchen. However, we haven't been able to really go at it and get it done because George is taping in there tomorrow, so we haven't been able to move the shelving units into place and load them up with stuff. We got the shelving units for the kitchen yesterday, and put them together. Today I unpacked the glassware from the boxes they were stored in, and we also put together the new stainless steel tables for the prep kitchen.

Wow, thinking about these past 2 days, it really seems like I did nothing. Even though I did minor things to fill my day it still feels like nothing major happened. Usually on this show we're running around, we're stressed, we're happy, we're sad (not really... ever), we're beyond busy but right now it's like we're in the VOID.

Last week we had a ton of stuff to do cuz we were right back at it, next week until mid-April we're beyond crazy busy so this is really the only week we have to "slack off". And by "week" I mean 2 days, and by "slack off", I mean doing things to fill my time. That all changes tomorrow haha. Sorry if this post is not as exciting as you had hoped but thanks for sticking it out anyway :) I'll make up for it tomorrow, I promise!

So now that I've filled you in on my random, somewhat uneventful 2 days, I'm gunna get personal with you. Can I just say that I never thought I'd be working at CBC right out of College. NEVER. And I mean never, that thought never came to my head until last October. I don't think that thought crossed my professors' minds either. I don't think it crossed my classmates minds, I don't think it crossed my families minds. All I really can say is I'm very lucky to have been offered the opportunities that I have. I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am if it hadn't been for a certain someone that saw something in me that I didn't even see. Denise, I know I thank you constantly but seriously, I owe everything to you. You took a major risk giving me that one opportunity based on a 2 hour interview we did and the fact that I followed most if not all of your advice from that interview. That was the spark that started the fire, and this fire is continually growing and expanding. Its because of you that I am now working for the biggest broadcasting corporation in all of Canada. Yes, I put in the hard work and worked towards this but its because of Denise that I even got my toe in the door. So I know I thank you constantly but yet again. Thank You.

p.s. Jack Layton died, Ontario got hit with a tornado, an earthquake, and ANOTHER tornado watch...what is happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment