Tuesday, August 30, 2011

i be high when i think what the future holds

So these past 2 days have been pretty sweet! And it seems like I'm doing this blog in 2 day spurts now which is kinda nice...it gives me a night off from this whole writing thing and when I DO write, it's longer, more informative, and you get a double whammy. Win, win, win, winning!

Monday was a shoot day with Carson Arthur and it was revealing the "after" of a backyard makeover. It was an awesome shoot because 1) it was HOT out, 2) it was my first shoot with Carson even though I feel like I've known him for a year(ish) and 3) we finally got to bring out some of the toys! The combination of those 3 things made for an awesome day.

If there's one thing I learned from last year its the format of the shoots... Load in, figure out logistics, shoot the contributors stand-ups, shoot b-roll, wrap, home. Using this same format for most of the shoots is great because it allows Denise and I to get into a rhythm and knock 'em outta the park. Since this is our third official field shoot, I can feel that rhythm starting to build. If this rhythm and momentum continues for the rest of the season...watch out, we're going to be a force to be reckoned with. Now enough of me talking about how great we are haha here's some pics from the day :)


Amazing backyard!




...hard at work...

Table setting!


Me and Ms. Wray!


Macro Lens :)

Enough giving away of the space. Sorry. You'll just have to watch the segment to see it all :) 

Anyway, that pretty much sums up yesterday...and no pics of the dolly, oops. I was too busy working to take pictures haha ;) (More on why there's a wink...right now).

Today was an "in office" day full of sourcing a book, a meeting for the entire design team, and helping out wherever I could. The meeting consisted of us just going over logistics and trying to stay ahead of the monster by weeding out any problems we can foresee and coming up with solutions for them before they happen. It went well and a lot of good points were brought up...including the one where they want me to take photos of the field shoots for the online web articles. Which would be awesome! However, I have another idea in mind... Which I'll discuss with Rick tomorrow :) After our meeting it was time to carry on with the day as usual. Help Xico hang stuff in the "fashion room", Dave and Xico go on pick-ups, I go for coffee, I help unload said pick-ups, pack up, and head home. Not a bad 2 days at all! Maybe you'll see a post from me tomorrow, maybe not...we'll see how I feel haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment