Monday, August 22, 2011

R.I.P Jack Layton

Today was an interesting day.


This morning started off like any other day, shower - breakfast - coffee - bus - subway - work. But as soon as I got to work, today turned out completely different. I got in the elevator with 4 women who were talking about the death of Jack Layton. This actually hurt me to hear, he would have made an amazing Prime Minister and Canada suffered a huge loss today. However, his final words will keep us calm and carrying on.

‎"My friends, love is better than anger. 
Hope is better than fear. 
Optimism is better than despair. 
So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. 
And we'll change the world." 
- Jack Layton

R.I.P Jack

So after that shocking news and soaking all that in, it was time to get to work and today was our first "field" shoot. I say "field" because we weren't out on location like our normal shoots, today we were in a green screen studio. 

We were shooting a promo with the boys for Cineplex, so look for it around Halloween if you go to the  theatre! After we got the lighting and camera set up, Denise and I got to do a little arts and crafts. The bulbs in the flashlight we're your florescent white bulbs and that just didn't look good on camera so we had to cut out orange gels to cover the top. This orange gel would warm up the colour of the bulbs and make Steven and Chris not look blue on camera haha.

After the shoot it was time for lunch and to see what needed to get done around the studio. The set was being built today and there isn't much that can be done until that gets finished, so the afternoon was pretty relaxed compared to the morning. (Not that it sounds like I did much, but trust me, there was a lot to do haha)

Let's see what tomorrow has in store :)




No comments:

Post a Comment