Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Season 5 Kick-Off

So today was the official Season 5 kick off! It was a very exciting day for everyone at Steven and Chris.
However, when I got to CBC this morning it was looking like today was going to be a totally different day. I got to the security desk and still no security pass...one day soon haha. And the security guard wouldn't let me go upstairs until someone signed me in, which wasn't the easiest of tasks.

But after I got inside it was all uphill from there, and as Sarah says, "If thats the worst part of your day, that's not a bad day".

First thing I did today was take everything that was in the bathroom in the prop room and put it in the cage just outside the studio. Once that was done Xico and I put lockers in and it was off to prep the kitchen for painting. Yesterday I gave it a sweep but there was so much dust still, so today we swept and mopped it. After that it was off to our season 5 kick-off "party?" .... meeting.

We talked about stats from season 4 compared to season 3 and what we can do to continue that growth this season. After we got the stats and was told about sponsorship and how that all works, it was time to get the creative juices flowing. We broke into groups of 4-5 people and in each of those groups talked about our favourite segments from season 4, suggestions for segments on this season. And lets just say, we loved a lot of segments from last season haha there was definitely a lot of laughs and memories brought back. We also talked about our favourite contributors on the show (guests) and what we liked about them. Also, lots of laughs and great memories. Finally, we talked about new ideas for this season, and this was anything from segment topics to games to ideas for field segments :D

It was a great meeting and definitely made us more excited for this season. After the meeting and ending out the day by typing up our groups notes and emailing them to Rick and changing the wallpaper on my computer to this:

Photo from the Down With Webster shoot I worked on :)


It was time to head out for a post work drink with the team! What a perfect way to kick off the season :)

P.S. The reason I have this picture as my wallpaper is a: it's an awesome picture and b: this is the most intense shoot I have worked on to this day. 21 hour day. This picture will always remind of what I have gone through and that what I have right now is pretty alright, so just enjoy it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment