Monday, September 5, 2011

and I'll be smiling in case they take a picture

Hello again!

It was the long weekend and I took full advantage of that (hence why I haven't blogged till now).

So let's see...where were we? Oh right, Thursday. Thursday was a very busy day but a very awesome day. We were shooting out in Aurora with Lisa Worth, and you remember last season how we shot this amazing home office? Well we were back in that same house but this time it was to shoot 2 separate segments with Lisa. Our first segment was all on how you can bring the outdoors inside, specifically in your sunroom. The second was an open concept living/dining room.

Last season when we were shooting in this house, the client was away on vacation, this season, they were right there with us. I can honestly say they are some of the nicest clients I've met, plus I was/am super jealous of his sports memorabilia collection so it was great to meet him and congratulate him on his collection. After meeting and greeting, shaking hands and kissing babies, it was time to get to work, we set up everything and off we went with our day. It was great working in both of these spaces because it was very open which allowed to use the Dolly a lot! And I mean a LOT! haha. After a 14 hour day (including travel time) it was home and off to bed for a much needed sleep haha.

Friday was a pretty awesome day because we were doing more on-camera auditions. The first round was just the parenting panel...Friday was etiquette, food, fashion, financial and decor. It was a pretty easy day considering it was just set up the camera, the monitor, and away we go. In the morning we auditioned for a new "etiquette" segment, things like texting etiquette (when to text, when not to text), what to do if you have gum in your mouth and need to get rid of it discretely (without swallowing it), that sort of stuff. After that it was the financial segment which taught us about "when should you start teaching your kids about money". After that it was probably my favourite segment... food. We were taught how to make unreal stuffed pork chops...and we were also taught how to EAT unreal stuffed pork chops (the answer to that one... as fast as possible.) They were way too good. Then it was a fashion segment, a decor segment and then lunch. And lets just say my food court food couldn't compare to these pork chops at all.

I'm sitting here thinking about it and I can still taste the pork chops...remind me again why I didn't write down the recipe?

After lunch it was another fashion segment and to end the day... another food segment. This time, cupcakes. Again... spectacular. However, I'm not telling you anything about these because I don't want to also be thinking about those... I just ate dinner and already I'm getting hungry again just thinking about the food I ate on Friday (its now Monday... they're that memorable). After work on Friday it was time to head home for the long weekend full of friends, parties, and cottages. Perfect weekend, now lets get on with this week! I have a few friends in Welland I should probably visit next weekend (Welland-ers....thats a HUGE hint)

Talk to you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment