Wednesday, September 21, 2011

T minus 15 seconds, guidance is internal

Here's your Hump Day Update!

Last time we talked was Friday, well a lot has happened since then.

Saturday night was a pretty awesome time. Erin had her friend up, I had Matt up, and I was working. You're wondering how that could be "a pretty awesome time"? Well I was working at a bar :) I was hired on (through Melissa) at Grace O'Malley's to shoot the band that was playing, Signal Hill. They're an awesome cover band out of Halifax and they were playing O'Malley's for 3 nights and this was their final night. It was great because while my family and friends got to enjoy my $100 bar tab (which didn't last long) I got to be at a bar, doing what I love, and having a great time. But after shooting on Saturday night, I have a whole list of equipment to invest in.

Sunday (after plenty of sleeping in and relaxing) I headed back to O'Malley's to pick up the footage and audio from the night before. That night was spend importing and starting to edit, and then the real work week kicked in.

Monday was an awesome day, we were shooting in Briscola. In case you haven't been there, heard about it, or clicked the link to find out more, its this really nice restaurant on College. I didn't even get to eat the food but I still highly recommend going there. The shoot was with Andrea Ford and this was our first field segment of the season with her :) It was great because we got to use both the Microdolly and the spreaders! Lots of tracking shots! The place was just stunning to shoot, especially because we were the only people in the restaurant!

Tuesday was... a long day. Tuesday morning I started out at the studio, and was there before 8:45. I balanced my petty cash, checked my emails, and most importantly, went and got a coffee. After helping load in the audience, I worked on set for the first 2 segments and then it was up to eat lunch and off to location to meet Denise. We were shooting a segment with DeeDee Taylor and it was all about lacquer in the kitchen and bathroom. Now what made this day long was that we didn't start shooting until 2pm, normally at that time we'd be able to see the finish line in sight, not just starting. I'm not going to get into any gruesome details about the shoot, but I will say that I didn't get home until 9:15 last night.

Anyone in production just went pffft 12.5 hour day...thats nothing... and you're right, but when your body is used to working a pretty cushy schedule of 9-5 (usually), that 12.5 hour day feels like an 18 hour day. Needless to say after that I went home and slept like a rock. And finally, that brings us to today.

Today was a shoot with design blogger Lindsay and if you go check out her blog, the spaces we shot are right on the front page! Her basement home office, and the newest addition, Oscar's bedroom. Lindsay has never been on camera before and for it being her first time, she's a total natural :)

But enough blogging for me, I have to go edit! See you tomorrow? Maybe?


No comments:

Post a Comment