Monday, September 12, 2011

it's about loving what you have

Well today turned out pretty much 100% different than I had expected haha.

The reason I was able to blog and post this morning was because I didn't have to go into work until noon, because we had a shoot scheduled for 5:30pm and we didn't want to be pulling overtime if we didn't need to be. So I did my morning thing, my blog thing, my commute thing and then got to work right at noon :) (I'm always on time... [hopefully])

Since I was only going to be there for the afternoon I got right to work asking around to find out what needed to be done. I headed down to the studio to find Sarah working all by her lonesome so I gave her a hand and after a while people were coming up to me with stuff to do. This "stuff" included going to Lee Valley, DeSerres, and Home Hardware (which were all off Spadina, so that was super handy). This was great because I got to stroll around town and enjoy the weather, all while getting paid. Awesome? Yes! So I picked up everything I needed, headed back to CBC, only to be sent out again.

This time it was to go pick up 2 gallons of paint so our flat for tomorrow could be painted. This wasn't the most fun thing in the world, I had to walk 1.3km (according to Google Maps) there, pick up the paint, and walk 1.3km back carrying these 2 cans of paint. Thank god for red lights (never thought I'd say that...). Again, not the most fun thing to do, but it could be worse...I could have to carry said paint cans for 5km. *shudders* Needless to say, after I got back, I was thirsty, hungry and tired. So I went to McDonald's and grabbed a very unhealthy afternoon snack.

Then it was time to go back up to the studio and paint the flats! 2 flats, 2 coats of paint each, 2 hours = success. However, this speed comes with a price, I was covered in speckles of paint from head to toe. Thankfully I had coveralls on so my clothes can live to see another day. Anyway, I need to get ready for my date with Uncle Bill tonight :) We're going to TIFF and going to see the premiere of The Lady!

Time to get my classy on!

No comments:

Post a Comment