Saturday, October 1, 2011

hot like wasabi when i bust rhymes

Wow, sorry for the lack of post. I've been a very busy boy this past week. Here's a taste of what's been going on.

Monday was a shoot with our newest designer Joel Bray. This was our first shoot with him and this was also the first shoot we slated! (as you'll see in later pictures, my slating gets a lot better) Overall this was a really fun, somewhat short day and then it was back to CBC.
Marker!
Tough day on set!

Tuesday was a studio day and my entire day was spent painting. I wish I could tell you differently, but I cant. Legitimately from the time I got to work at 9am till the time I went home 5:30-6ish...I was painting. We have new rolling flats for the show and these flats are giant rectangular prisms, one is 8ft x 8ft, one is 6ft by 8ft, and I have no idea what the other one is. But because they are on wheels, they are about 2 feet wide as well...so now instead of painting one wall, you have to paint three to cover the sides. Well Tuesday I had to paint ALL four sides of BOTH flats. So after painting one coat on, I went and got a much needed coffee, waited for it them to dry and went back at it. While I was waiting for them to dry, I sat down at the piano outside the studio (I haven't played piano since I was like 8? 9? 10? I don't even know haha) But I was sitting there, making a fool of myself and guess who walks up right beside me and gives me a little 1 on 1 lesson? Mr. George Stroumboulopoulous :) I have no idea why but I still get starstuck when I see him...and I see him almost every day I'm in the office. So that was sweet, but back to painting. After putting on a second coat on both flats, I headed upstairs to calculate just how much painting I had done. 576 sq. ft. Thats basically a small apartment that I just painted... And I wasn't done yet. 
Both flat colours (clearly first coat)

After the second coats were dry, I went to set and asked what needed to be done, I bet you can guess what happened. Well after a lot of problem solving it was decided that I had to paint a sheet of Masonite. Not too hard. So I painted the first coat, let it dry, painted the second, got it checked, measured it out and it was 5 inches shorter than we needed. Fun. Nicole and I went and grabbed 2 other (bigger) sheets of Masonite and we measured first to make sure it would do the trick, and it did. Thankfully I only had to paint one sheet and I layered it on thick so only one coat was needed. After that it was time to paint some boxes and that pretty much sums up my day. After my 8 hour painting spree, it was time to go help unload the panel van which was full of stuff for Lisa Worth's segment. Once it was unloaded and upstairs, it was time for me to head home. I wasn't covered in paint, but I did have paint in my hair, on my face, all over my hands, arms, and shoes. Thank god for coveralls!

Wednesday was another studio day, but it was 2 show Wednesday so I helped with loading in the audience. When I'm in the studio, I am now the official elevator boy! Load everyone into the freight elevator like their cattle, go up to 6, unload, go back down, repeat. Both shows went off without a hitch and then it was time to...... PAINT! You remember those flats that I just painted? Well now it was time to paint them BACK to the colour they were before. Thankfully I only had to paint 3 walls of the 8 x 8 flat. After painting and getting the approval from LIndsay, I headed home :)


Thursday was a shoot day and what a shoot day it was! It was our first shoot day with Mr. Frank DiLeo.
(Told you it'd be better)

It was a very tough space to shoot in because it was such a small space (I thought Jo was the small space expert!) So small that we couldn't fit the camera, tripod, lights, Denise AND myself in, so I had to sit close by and wait. But the shoot went well and then it was home time!

Yesterday was a shoot with Erin McLaughlin and it was all about having a nursery that can grow with your child. This was probably the coolest nursery I've ever seen (not that I've seen many/any). It was designed for a 10 month old boy and as you'll see below...Sailboat themed. Denise is a sailor, so she was pretty much in heaven all day. This space was great because it had room for the camera, tripod, lights, Denise AND myself! Bigger rooms require more shooting, but the actual shooting is easier because you have room to move around and get the different perspectives. It was a great shoot day and to end such a great shoot day, we used the dolly :) After using the dolly it was time to wrap, wrap, wrap. We went home and let the weekend begin!

"Like"

The reason I haven't been blogging everyday after work is because I come home, and continue working. You remember that Saturday night like 2 weeks ago when I went to Grace O'Malley's and shot? Well this week was spent editing/rendering... And when it comes time to do the rendering, I leave the computer to do its magic and I go watch tv, eat, hang with friends, anything really :) But as of last night they are all officially rendered and exported :) Time to load them on to a flash drive and take them  back to O'Malley's. That is... after Wonderland :)

Sorry for the lack of post, and it won't happen again (hopefully), but thanks for sticking out the short novel :)


No comments:

Post a Comment