Thursday, October 20, 2011

did you catch that? i'm scribblin' outside the lines

Yesterday was... an interesting day. We were shooting with Andrea Ford in a great location, at a not-so-great time. Lunch rush.

First, pictures :)






Second, the story. 

Denise and I got to the restaurant around 10am, and we went straight to work. Being in an "open" location made things a little interesting, usually we don't have any problems but, being in a restaurant, during the lunch rush, was hectic. It was anything a shoot is for a field assistant haha.

"Field Assistant" is not my official title but it's what I deem myself because I do a lot more than just camera assist. This show is honestly giving me the best experience I could ask for. When we're out on location it's just Denise and I shooting a 2-3 minute segment, where we both wear MANY hats. (This is for the broadcasting kids)... Think about a short film or commercial or corporate video, think of how many people work on that crew-wise, now picture only having you and one of the profs. Everyday. Except they aren't teaching you all the time, they're doing their job. And you have to do yours.

Yesterday was a true test for me and I apologize that I didn't blog last night but I was still comprehending what happened. We moved fast, efficient and got the job done. Once that job was done, we celebrated. At least I did :p Heineken and this....

(note the empty glass)

Today was a studio day and it was a pretty sweet day, I learned how I can.... 


There was a field shoot today but I wasn't able to go because the location was "females only"... Lame. Denise and Natasha (our audience PA) went out on location and I took over Natasha's job for the show. 

Once walkthroughs were completed, the audience was tallied, it was time to send people up :) The show went great and after, it was time to take care of business. I handed in my petty cash forms, shipped packages out, and transferred pictures.


Importing pictures took up most of my afternoon but I did have time to help out with some other small jobs. But once I started importing the final set of pictures (see above) I didn't want to stick around for 233 minutes just to watch a bar crawl across the screen. It was home time for me, and now, it's bed time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment