Tuesday, October 11, 2011

are you ready?

Wow. Sorry for the lack of post.... remember how I was supposed to post everyday? That went great... for 2 days haha.

Anyway, here's another short novel. Buckle up!

Last Wednesday was a 2 show Wednesday, and we had one of the coolest kid's room vignette's I've ever seen. Check it out!


But to be honest, I don't remember much from that day (I mean, it is almost a WEEK later) other than Dave commenting on the fact that I "never" give him a shout out. Well Dave, today's you're lucky day... DAVE! Better? 

But seriously, this is Dave :)

Rocking Out! (Dave's rockin vocals)

Dave and I share a special bond haha. 1: We both work on the show because of our internships (He interned on the first season of Steven and Chris!) 2: We're 2/3 of the straight men that work on the show [special mention: Xico (Chico)] and 3: I'm basically his Mini-Me. 

Dave, you're awesome, see you tomorrow!

Thursday, Denise and I were up near Aliston shooting a Polo barn with DeeDee Taylor. 








 This shoot was awesome! Lots of tracking shots :) The piece showed today in the studio but unfortunately I didn't get to see it :( I can't wait to see how it turned out (incredible I'm sure).
 
Friday was a studio day, but again, it was a no show Friday (like every week) but that doesn't mean there was nothing to do. I was sent to the cage (again) to unpack the giveaway for this coming week. Some really cool things from Umbra :) This being one of them...


After that it was upstairs to cut some beer labels and do some pick-ups. Head down to shipping, pick up 2 boxes and a lamp, take it up to 6, unload it, take carts back down to shipping to help Sarah and Lindsay unpack the cube van of home decor, take it back up to 6, unload, go back down for round 2, take it back up to 6, unload, and then head upstairs to see if I can head home for the long weekend. Nope! At 5 to 5, I was "cornered" and asked to take the cube van to the gas station and fill it up. That was interesting. I've never driven a cube van before, but I've driven this beast:


So the natural progression is a cube van. I was pretty nervous to drive it I must admit, but I as soon as I got in it and got used to the size, it was a breeze. Thankfully the traffic hadn't picked up or that would have made this trek WAY less fun. So I got to the gas station and filled it up.... Be thankful you don't have to drive it everyday ($107.22 to fill it). I'm thankful that there is this thing called "production fund" where they just give you money for production expenses :) Well anyway after dropping the van back off to Andrea it was finally time to head home for the long weekend! 

Friday was a great night, Erin and I went to my friend Matt's house for a "high school reunion"slash birthday party and had a great time. That's all I'm gunna say about that.

On our way home we followed this guy:
Megabus, you need a better placement for your vent.

Saturday was a day for recovering and getting up to the cottage for some sweet family hangs in the newest addition to the Gray family: the boathouse!
It's incredible :)

Top floor from the staircase

Top floor from the opposite corner

Bulls-eye club!

Our delicious Thanksgiving wine :)

Not a bad set-up

It was a great weekend, kind of a sad one though, Thanksgiving weekend is the weekend we take the docks and boatlifts out of the water and close up the cottage for the season. But I fit an entire summer into one last weekend :) Saturday = wakeboarding, Catan, reading outside, darts in new boathouse, Sunday = docks and lifts, reading outside, relaxing, enjoying time with family, Thanksgiving dinner (CHIFFON), visiting the Duclos Point gang, bonfire, marshmallows, darts in new boathouse, Monday = closin' up shop :(

Today, Denise and I were shooting in Chaz condos' showroom with Jo Alcorn.



Since it was a shoot with Jo, it was a pretty small space, something like 750 sq. ft. Small spaces are generally harder to shoot in because it's so difficult to hide all the equipment, but Denise and I knocked it out of the park like we usually do and I know this segment is going to come together wonderfully :) It was a great day full of overcoming challenges (like any and every production), learning, working, and at the end of the day still going home with smiles on our faces. Anyway, that catches you up to speed with what I've been doing, I'd love to hear from YOU and what you've been up to :) Thanks for following my adventures and I promise I'll get into this, everyday after work, blogging thing. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment