Wednesday, October 12, 2011

eyes wide awake but i'm living in a dream

Well today was a decent day, it started off like any normal studio today, but today was a special studio day. Denise and I were shooting the befores of another fashion makeover :) So that consumed most of the morning, and once we left the fashionistas to do their makeover thing, Denise and I went up to see our editor Dave. He was cutting together the segment we shot with Jo yesterday and from what I saw, its going to look great :) After the quick visit it was time to head upstairs and see what needed to get done.

The answer, not much. So I went down to the studio to see what needed to be done, and what do you think they had me do?

I bet you'll never guess....

So I'll just tell you....

But it involves coveralls....

Rollers....

A tray....

Tape....

That's right folks, I was painting! And thankfully because I've painted enough flats in my time, I now have it down to a science, and that science is... Lay it on THICK! I mean, there is a gallon of the stuff so why not use as much as I can, right?

So that's exactly what I did and thankfully when I went down later in the day to check on the drying process, I was told I didn't have to paint a second coat. Science = Mastered.

After painting, it was time to unload some stuff from West Elm and see what else needed to be done. To be honest there wasn't much, which was really surprising, I'm now used to being asked to do 4 things at once and prioritizing. Well you're probably wondering what I did with the rest of my day.... I went shopping.

I was sent to the Eaton Centre HMV to pick up both the Tim Burton version and the classic version of Alice in Wonderland. I'm not going to tell you why.... until later :)

But yeah, that took up the rest of my afternoon and then it was back to the office to deliver the movies/see if they had more work for me/or see if I could go home. They didn't have anything for me to do, but I couldn't leave just yet because I had to wait for Denise to finish up and help her load all the gear into her car. After that it was time to head home in the pouring rain, and here I am, sitting at my computer, Blackberry on the fritz :(

*switching to iPhone is imminent*

Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment